A celebrated strength trainer and trauma practitioner offers a fresh and empowering approach to healing and thriving after trauma.
In this innovative title, celebrated trainer and trauma practitioner Laura Khoudari brings a fresh approach to healing after trauma, using strength training as an embodied movement practice. Compassionate, witty and fastidiously researched, Khoudari's debut, Lifting Heavy Things, is a breakthrough title that will empower and inspire you to develop resilience and build emotional and physical strength through working out with weights, while mindful of the ways that trauma can compromise the wellbeing of the mind and body.
In Lifting Heavy Things, you'll learn about:
- Managing chronic pain
- Creating the conditions for training and healing
- Understanding how trauma shows up in daily life
- Using embodied movement practices (beyond yoga) as a tool to comfortably re-inhabit the body
- Navigating interpersonal relationships during and after the healing process
- Why you don't have to tell your trauma story (to everyone)
- Thriving with and moving beyond trauma
With humor, tenderness and grit, Lifting Heavy Things takes readers on a journey of personal revelation and integration, helping them to lighten their emotional burden and build deep inner strength to lift all of the heavy things that life may bring with greater ease.
Size: 9.00h x 6.00w x 0.60d
About the Author
A certified trauma practitioner and personal trainer, Laura Khoudari is passionate about giving people the tools they need to heal from trauma and cultivate mental health and wellness. Her work has been widely recognized by the trauma and fitness community, and she has been featured on Buzzfeed, UpWorthy, Outside Online, Medium, Tonic, and Girls Gone Strong. A lifelong student and writer, she is currently pursuing her Master's of Counseling for Mental Health and Wellness at New York University. She lives in New York City with her family and two cats.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.